SPK “Emaus” was established in 2016 on the basis of family values. We are a company with a cause-to regain the attitude of people to the forgotten simple things: walks in the open air, the beauty of nature, the importance of the family and communication without technology. We create opportunities for travel in a family environment, thus striving to tear children off social networks. Our excursions have a different focus and a wide choice of destinations:
• Curative tourism in our best SPA resorts, which offer a multitude of treatments and treatments for a number of diseases;
• Pilgrimage tourism for believers and interested in the history of religions, theology and cultural history; Special promotional packages for pilgrims who wish to visit Orthodox Christian sanctuaries in Bulgaria and around the world-Russia, Georgia, Greece, Serbia, Cyprus;
• Individual and organized excursions;
• Youth rowing marches with participation of young people from foreign countries;
• Tourism for the whole family-family activities and upbringing in family values through role-playing games, in order to break the children from the electronic toys;
• Day trips at home and abroad;
• Individual packages at the customer’s request;
We at “Emaus” believe that the path to our goal builds and gives us the feeling of being, because the places we visit along the way, the people we meet, the memories we create, are those emotions that are important and remain in our minds for a long time. We at “Emaus” want to create for you products that will make you feel good. Leave everything to us! We organize the journey from start to finish, because we know how valuable your time is. Transport to and from the final destination, accommodation, intended attractions during the trip, accompanying lectures and feeding during the excursion. Our mission is to make your journey with us a pleasant and memorable experience. We are responsible, ambitious and motivated! We’re “Emaus”.
SPK “EMAUS” was established in 2016 on the basis of Christian values, for offering tourist services, including organized tourist trips. It specializes in pilgrimage tourism because of the discovery of shortages in the pilgrimage services among the Orthodox and because of the need for innovative social activity towards people from the target groups and their social inclusion
To do this:
1. Tourism products will be at affordable, socially acceptable prices, but with high moral added value.
2. Discount services will be provided and profit for social activity will be used.
3. Employees of the target groups, disadvantaged and socially excluded persons will be appointed with priority.
4. You will gather in the Pilgrims team of faith and morality. The developed tourist products will be designed for believers and interested in the history of religions, theology and cultural history.
5. Special promotional packages will have for materially distressed pilgrims who are willing to visit Orthodox Christian sanctuaries in Bulgaria and around the world-Russia, Georgia, Greece, Serbia, Cyprus.
Besides pilgrimage tourism, different forms of alternative tourism will be offered, focusing on family activities and upbringing in Christian family values through role-playing family games, in order to break the children from the electronic toys-so we will offer a market for something different, namely tourism for the whole family.
In May 2016 was tested, with a mixed youth Orthodox group from Bulgaria and Russia, a pilot youth pilgrimage route combined with the kayak regatta on the Arda river.
In August 2017, about 50 participants, of which 35 Russian pilgrims, for 20 days passed through the tests, the previous year, a youth pilgrimage route, in which this time was included rowing with kayaks on the dams Iskar and Vacha, Struma and Arda rivers, as well as participation in The festivities of Shipka. The participants were given the blessing of his Eminence Velikotrnovsky metropolitan Gregory. Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radev supported the initiative by taking part in the on foot route from the Sokolski monastery to Shipka Peak and continuously communicating with the young pilgrims. Head of the campaign was nominated for the project leader Ivan Toshev, chairman of SPK “EMAUS”.
On November 30, 2016, in front of the IV International Congress “St. Petersburg and the Slavic World”, nominated for the project leader Ivan Toshev, chairman of the SPK “EMAUS”, presented the results of the pilot pilgrimage march from May 2016, as well as some ideas for Youth pilgrimage tourism. This, together with the large-scale march of August 2017, provoked a broad interest in interacting with institutions and organizations from the Slavic states represented in the Congress, as a result of which the chairman of SPK “EMAUS”, as organizer of the rowing pilgrimage Hike, was invited by the Governor of St. Petersburg, to the next, V International Congress “St and the Slavic World” in December 2017, to deliver a report on the topic “Orthodox rowing marches, as a good practice for applying green social Innovation ‘. Activity Emaus offers 2 types of pilgrimage products, mainly for the Orthodox Christian community, related to visiting the Christian saints in Bulgaria and in the world respectively (in Russia, Georgia, Greece, Serbia, Cyprus, Israel)
The measurable positive social impact, the general response, the common need are the reasons for the commercial activity. Appropriate conditions for social and professional integration and facilitation of access to employment through the creation of activities. Motivation and professional qualification are key components. The exact marketing will allow the market realization of the pilgrimage journeys offered. The aim is to implement a social enterprise model providing support to the target groups in order to facilitate access to employment. This is achieved with the very operation of Emaus, and employment in Emaus contributes to the criterion: “Increasing the number of employees”.